Homemaking is something I talk a lot about in my business, but I didn't start out that way. I used to completely shy away from the word, thinking it was totally antiquated and not at all fitting to who I was or what I did. There are a lot of myths floating around about homemaking and it is my mission to bring those myths to light, squash them and show moms that even the most modern women can be homemakerish without shame.
WHAT YOU'LL HEAR TODAY:
- The definition of homemaking and what it really means (as opposed to what we think it means)
- What homemaking really is (and what it isn't)
- How home management and homemaking work together to give you an organized house and warm home.
- Why I used to feel so negatively about homemaking and what helped me changed that.
- How one person's insensitive comment to me about moms gave me the confidence to teach even more homemaking tips and strategies.
- Why homemaking and martyrdom don't have to be the same thing.
- What we can do as modern women to embrace homemaking and home management (hint...it involves delegating the work to other people!)
- Some common myths about modern homemaking and how we can finally let go of them.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
The Mother Like a Boss Playground on Facebook
If you loved this episode, there is more where that came from.
- Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss out. And I would just loooove if you would leave a review and rating. It's a little thing that makes a big difference and helps me to continue to bring on valuable, totally rad guests.
- Have a topic you want me to cover on the podcast? Submit them to us here. This show is all for you, mama. Let's talk about the things you most want to hear about.