Because motherhood didn't come with a training manual.
But you'd like one. You'd like a neatly written, totally comprehensive Momming 101 encyclopedia encompassing every single possible problem or issue you could encounter as a mother with strategically mapped out solutions catered to your specific household.
Ah. Wouldn't that be the bees knees?
Unfortunately, a Google search will show that no such magical book exists which is why I began offering 1-1 home management strategy and coaching for modern moms seeking a solution to the seemingly never-ending homemaking problems.
Whatever stage of motherhood you're in, whether you're raising toddlers or teen, babies or boomerang kids (ya know, they left the roost for a while but boomeranged right back in), we all face the issues. We all wonder every day "Am I doing this right? Is my house clean enough? Is it bedtime yet?"
When you work with me, you not only get the coaching, but strategy, too. What does that mean? It means I'll teach you how to ride the bike and stand next to you while you peddle until you feel good and ready to do it on your own.
So, who am I to be teaching all this stuff?
I am glad you asked.
I'm Kendra Hennessy, a passionate mother of two and multipreneaur (I think I just made that word up.) I started my first residential cleaning business at 22 years old and pregnant with my daughter. I jumped into the business full force and 6 months later was trying to juggle a newborn baby and a newborn business. They both needed me, as did my husband and home, and all of them became cranky when I wasn't paying enough attention.
Over the years of struggling to give my attention to everything and everyone that needed it, I learned some amazing methods, strategies and skills that allow me to be a mom, a wife, a business owner and a home maker all at the same time. Score!
You see, homemaking is so much more than having the perfect napkin holder to match your place mats or having a home cooked meal on the table every night.
Those things are wonderful if they resonate with you, but homemaking is just that, making a home. Whether it be managing the household finances, planning the meals, setting up a routine cleaning schedule, keeping the clutter from piling up or managing your time efficiently, it's all a part of homemaking and home management.
You've landed in just the right place if you
- Are stuck on the mom hamster wheel, trying every day to play catch up from the day before.
- Write novel-long to-do lists that you're desperately trying to accomplish each day.
- Are hungry to be a more present mother for your kids and woman for yourself.
- Really want to learn all the basic homemaking skills that will create less stress in your life.
- Know how to clean the damn house, but for the life of you can't manage to keep it that way for more than a few hours.
- Struggle with the question "What's for dinner?" at 5pm every evening and have often considered a world where cereal is always the answer.
- Are ready to learn how to identify and eliminate the clutter throughout your life and your home, and get rid of it for good.
- Live in a laundry jungle where the clothes seem to multiply while you sleep.
- Need permission to put yourself first and make self-care an integral part of your life as a mom.
- Have spent way too much time thumb-scrolling through Pinterest for cleaning and organizing tips while nursing a baby and preparing toddler snacks.
Lean in close, because I have news for you. It doesn't have to be this hard. (Record scratch)
In our culture, we have just accepted that motherhood, raising children and managing a home is difficult. We've glorified the word "busy" and wear it as a badge of honor. We run ourselves ragged, trying to do all the things with little to show for it. No wonder we're all so exhausted. I need a nap just thinking about it.
It has taken me years to jump off the "Motherhood is hard" bandwagon and start to come into the light, where being a mom and wife who runs multiple businesses and also manages the home is enjoyable rather than a burden. And now, one of my greatest passions is helping other moms discover the same thing.
That is precisely why I developed this one of a kind coaching program
And who is this kind of coaching for?
- Stay at home moms
- Moms working outside the home
- Moms working inside the home
- Mamas working part time
- The mompreneur
- The mom with a job and a side hustle
- The stay at home mom with a side hustle
- Moms with babies
- Moms with toddlers
- Moms with teens
- Moms with babies, toddlers and teens (we bow to you, oh great and powerful one)
...and every mother in between
I chose the name Mother Like a Boss for my Facebook group (and eventually business) because that is how I feel motherhood should be. You don't have to be a conventionally working mother to be a boss. By virtue of taking care of tiny humans, a spouse possibly and running the home and everything and everyone in it, you are a boss. Sometimes, we just need a little help realizing, recognizing, and then implementing it.
"Ok Kendra. But what is so unique about this program. Can't I just buy a book or search Pinterest?"
Listen, I am never going to dissuade someone from searching Pinterest, because that place is my jam. I am almost certain I spend more time cumulatively each year perusing my Pinterest feed than I do with my husband. But all the blog posts in the world won't be able to help your individual problems or address your unique concerns.
That is where the coaching and strategy session comes in.
So how does this work?
Hiring a coach can be a scary endeavor, especially for moms with a superhero complex who believe they SHOULD know how to do it all and be able to do it all. I want to make it as easy, painless and un-scary as possible. Just like those Choose Your Own Adventure Books, you can choose the package that's right for you and your needs.
Sometimes, you just need a quick-fix. A band-aid of sorts on your mom boo-boo. The "Mom Needs Help!" strategy call is an excellent choice for the mom that just needs to talk through her problems, get immediate help and attention, and create the best plan to get you started on the right homemakerish track.
If you know your pain points, have spent oodles on mommy self-help books to no avail and just need help designing your unique plan or routine, the strategy call is just for you.
This includes one 90 minute strategy call and one week of follow-up and support emails.
We'll begin with an initial chat which serves to
- Determine and identify your goals and what you hope to gain from home management coaching and strategy. (Don't fret if the only goal you can come up with is "To not hear the crunch of Cheerios every time I walk through the living room. We don't even eat Cheerios in the living room!" We will work through this together)
- Decide if we are a good fit for one another. Just like dating, the chemistry has to be there.
If the sparks fly, we will set up a schedule to meet virtually for 1 hour each week via a conference call.
After our initial talk, we'll jump in and work together to map out your goals and desired outcomes. Whether you are looking to develop a home management strategy plan (or determine what the hell that even is), need some serious help managing your time and schedule, or want the step-by-step skills and strategies for maintaining a clean and clutter-free home, our time together is determined by your specific needs.
While we are courting (that sounds so much more fun than "working together"), you will receive a completely customized experience, unique to your goals, situation and desired outcomes. I will guide you through deciding where to start and how to set goals, so worry not mama if the thought of knowing where to begin scares the stuffing out of you.
During our time together, you can expect to
- Determine goals and outcomes for yourself, your family and/or your home.
- Identify where you are now and how to get yourself to your desired outcome.
- Feel understood and heard in a safe environment that fosters security and encourages you to leave perfection at the door.
- Gain confidence in your abilities as a modern homemaker and manager of your home.
- Create an action plan and routine that make even the most mundane or complicated of tasks (like cleaning and organizing) seem easier to tackle.
- Set up and create routines for yourself and your family that help your home to run like a well-oiled machine.
- Declutter your physical, virtual, mental and emotional spaces and design ways to prevent the boomerang clutter from coming back.
- Learn the basic skills, tools and strategies for cleaning and organizing your house without feeling the pressure of living in a Good Housekeeping magazine.
- Develop and implement time management skills that allow you more room in your schedule to be productive and do the things you dream about (like skydive, or take an art class, or start a business, or take a nap)
Simply put, if you give it your all, you will leave our time together with new found self-love, self-confidence and the skills to run your life and home like a total boss.
The monthly package includes 4 weekly one hour coaching calls and 4 weeks of email and/or Voxer support.
Investment: $597 for monthly package
Being an effective homemaker isn't your duty, but it does make life a whole lot less overwhelming. The only duty you have is to be the happiest, most joyful, most productive, bad-ass woman you can be.
Let's get you there, mama.
Use the scheduling calendar below to set up a free 15 minute discovery call to see if our fit is just right.
Peace, love and a full night's sleep,